--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > Now, check July 15-17 and see if you can find any posts
> > from Barry.
> >
> > And then check your own posts from July 15-17; and after
> > that, check Vaj's posts for that period (he posted all
> > three days, so he didn't come "a little later," as you
> > claim).
> >
> > How many personal attacks do you count in those posts?
>
> Well, Judy, I don't know. But I know that you forgot to
> count your own posts ;->, so happy week in the timeout corner
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCIJl8P0q0
> (and hugs when you come back :-))

Nice metaphor -- the timeout corner.

Since I get to watch this technique employed (on 3-1/2-
year-old Maya) pretty much every day, I know that in
her case it actually works. A little time (usually less
than two minutes) deprived of the company of others, and
whatever mood or emotion or bad behavior put her there
has been allowed to dissolve away. When she emerges
from the timeout corner, it's like the moods and emotions
never happened; they're gone.

What will it be like when Judy returns from this particular
timeout? Will a full week deprived of the company of others
have allowed her to "let go" of the afflictive emotions
the put her in the corner, or will she have held on to
them, so strongly that she does what she often does after
such a timeout and "hits the ground running," going back
and responding angrily to things that were said while she
was away? In other words, *still* wearing the same afflic-
tive emotion set, and trying to reactivate it? I guess
we'll see, won't we?

The one thing you have to admire is the clear "demonstration
of the mechanics of karma" of it all. She taunts Vaj for
having gone over the posting limit, as if that was some
kind of "win" for her, and then only a few minutes later
does exactly the same thing herself. One wonders who she
thinks "won" in that case.