--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Of course it is!
> >
> > No, it's not.

> > > No, it's an appeal to majority first of all. You can't deny
> > > this. You do this a lot, if not all the time. Your claim may
> > > not be spelled out in particular, but it is nevertheless there.
> > > Inherent is the claim, that Vaj cannot be a 'pleasant and
> > > Loving person', because a majority of people on the forum
> > > disagrees.
> >
> > You can read into what I wrote whatever floats your boat,
> > iranitea. You cannot, however, legitimately characterize
> > your reading as fact.
>
> It is a fact Judy!

Read my lips: It's what you read into what I wrote, not
a fact.

> What you are implying is the opposite of what Vaj stated.

As I said, you can infer anything you want from what
I wrote. But you can't legitimately claim your
inference is a fact.

> If that wasn't what you had meant,

If what wasn't what I had meant?

 then you had ample
> opportunity now to clarify what you were trying to say. But
> you are not coming up with an alternative meaning.

You called it the fallacy of appeal to authority. I pointed
out I was not making a claim about the truth of people's
impression of Vaj (that's the only way it could have been
such a fallacy) but rather an observation that many *had*
that impression of Vaj.

That's all the clarification you should have needed to
recognize your mistake.

 Besides
> that, we are talking about language here, so its in place to
> say that most people would have understood it to mean just
> that. And this is not an 'appeal to majority' fallacy, as
> language is indeed a social interaction.

I'm sorry, but you're just babbling. Plus which, you keep
trying to mind-read.

> So, you are cornered, no way to hide behind your semantic
> quibbles.

LOL. He tries to corner me with logic, fails miserably,
then claims I'm trying to hide behind semantics because
his logic has been refuted.

And note that he hasn't been able to provide any comment
on this:

> > It would be much more interesting to see you attempt to
> > *explain* my observation, which you don't seem to have
> > challenged.

As I went on to suggest, iranitea doesn't want to
acknowledge the accuracy of my observation, because
it *is* difficult to explain. He isn't up to the
challenge, so he tries to play logic games instead
but isn't any good at those either.