The idea is that he was enlightened and would have known all this wonderful
stuff, not too big a stretch since he was supposedly a great expert on all
things vedic.

As to the monetary comment, I know for a fact from my own stint working for the
Movement and I know also from others who worked for the Movement at higher
levels of authority than me that the Movement has ALWAYS funneled money to the
top, what we peons used to call "International."

As to the relatives, I was thinking of Maharishi's nephews, Anand Shrivastava
and Ajay Prakash Shrivastava with whom Maharishi formed the Maharishi Group
back in the late 1960's.

The Maharishi Group is the umbrella organization for virtually all the other
Movement organizations including Age of Enlightenment Publications, Maharishi
Ayurveda Products Ltd., and even Maharishi University of Management. His
nephews still run it.

So yeah, his kin folk get a cut.