 From: Emily Reyn <emilymae.r...@yahoo.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Memorandum 1:  Smoothing things out

True enough.  Although he does like to rip the guts out sometimes when they are
warm, for a snack.  I feel conflicted.  I don't believe in getting claws taken
out; he could never be an indoor only cat.  He is a cat.  He's doing what cats
do - they hunt.  Why deprive him of his instinctual self? And it helps me out
too (except for the birds). He gets mice (and I found out the large mouse in my
back yard was a rat) and moles mostly as birds are harder to catch.  It's
better than poisoning them or killing them after they get in the house.   I've
caught a few in the house that I returned to the wild, but if they get into my
kitchen, all bets are off.