Read each statement. Answer True (T), False (F), or Can't Answer (CA)

1. I always get where David Letterman is coming from in his monologues.

2. The best tweets in the world are usually ironic.

3. I understand appreciation for irony to be somewhat involuntary and almost
automatic. It can ambush one's pet beliefs and ideas. Ruthlessly.

4. I know the difference between using irony as a weapon and using irony to be
playful.

5. Sometimes irony is the only means of being efficacious in a response to
someone; to be non-ironic is to invite ridicule, to be a sitting duck.

6. I believe I am 99% correct in my reading of when irony is being deployed on
this website. There is a categorical difference psychologically between irony
and sincerity.

7. Sophistication in the postmodern world makes irony, or the appropriate
sensitivity to irony, indispensable, a sine qua non in order to flourish
socially.

8. All late night talk shows are based upon an understanding of and skillful
application of irony.

9. To claim to be in a higher state of consciousness--in this age--means you
should have an irony fluency in your presentation of yourself. Else you are
most certainly deceived.

10. Irony at one's own expense should elicit the same response as irony at
another's expense.

11. The absence of irony on FFL would make it a very dull place indeed.

12. There are no different points of view when it comes to irony: you either
get it or you don't. And the appreciation for irony objectifies one's
subjectivity in the moment of appreciating it.

13. If there is a God I am sure he is capable of impeccable irony.

14. If the irony is good, it will always justify itself in its execution.

15. The deployment of effective irony requires a certain sense of taste and
discrimination.

16. The 1950's lacked a sense of irony.

17. In its place, I love irony.

18. Death brings irony to an end. For oneself at least.

19. I have no complaints about the use of irony on this website. If it doesn't
make it, it wasn't irony anyway. If it makes it, that means it was justified.

20. You can't understand young kids these days unless you have a well-honed
sense of irony. Irony is big there--we hardly knew what irony was when we were
ten years old. Now a ten year old has a sense of irony that we probably only
had at 21.

Score: True = +1 False = -1 CA = 0

Score of 18-20 means your irony IQ is very good. Below 10 means maybe you
should work on your irony. ;-)