--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Score of 18-20 means your irony IQ is very good. Below 10
> > means maybe you should work on your irony. ;-)
>
> 3rd quiz of the day, I must be close to gaining self-knowledge.
>
> Something wrong with this one though, I don't notice much irony
> on FL, probably because I'm English and grew up thinking it was
> supposed to be funny or clever. It must be an American version I
> don't get.

You may be thinking of satire rather than irony. Satire is
supposed to be funny or clever. Irony may or may not be.

(Barry frequently writes what he likes to think of as satire.
It's not very funny or clever, but it's supposed to be. ;-)
He has no sense of irony whatsoever--in fact, he's been
known here for some time as the Master of Inadvertent Irony.)