Yep, Wiki Willy has finally been proven correct.

Bhagavad Shri Adi Shankara used his yogic siddhi-s to stop off at a
crater on Mars while journeying to Karshmir.

Yep, he installed 108 cystal lingams (spatika linga) in the center of
108 Shri Yantra-s and gave tantric mantras to the Martians (after all
... they weren't Brahmins) and then got on to Gandhara to thank Gautama
Buddha for giving him the knowledge.

The Martians all transcended, looked around and said …"We don't need
this stinking, arid desert! We don't need these stinking arid bodies!
Besides, it's hard to breath here anymore" … Then they all
dissolved their bodies into akasha (o yeah, he gave `em the flying
siddhi too to help out) and then they all went up to Brahmaloka to
thanks Brahma for getting Shiva-Shankara to give them the Shri Vidya
mantras.

The Rover will probably be turned into a shrine when the Injuns get
there - you know all those tantric mantras and "stuff".