--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, khazana108 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> <snip>
> > Although, you have to admit that it's amusing from
> > a psychology/sociology point of view. I'm amused by
> > the phenomenon I call "throwing oneself on the turd."
> > It's similar to that staple of war movies in which
> > the hero (soon to be ex-hero) throws himself on the
> > grenade to save his buddies, but in the FFL version
> > it's what happens when one of the clique either
> > suffers from poor impulse control or consciously
> > decides to sacrifice themselves to get in one last
> > barb at the Common Enemy, even though they know that
> > it'll cause them to "post out" and sit on the Stupid
> > People's Bench for a week.
>
> Ha ha, you mean solitary suicidal post-outs? That's what I
> like about you, you immediately get the references I am
> making, and still top it.

Actually Barry knows there is no such thing as the "solitary
suicidal post-outs" he describes. Bit of love-bombing there.

<snip>
> The same can apply here. Just use few words, as you say,
> throw a bone, and watch the dog gripping it. Don't
> convince by words, demonstrate. Start the dance, and then
> stop in the middle of it. This is a technique Gurdjieff
> employed. Give the attention, and then withdraw it.
> Talking about detachment.

LOL. Very little detachment around here, certainly none
from Barry or khazana.

<snip>
> > Speaking of interesting psychological/sociological
> > phenomena, have you ever noticed that folks who
> > talk the most about "forgiveness" and its healing
> > power are coincidentally the same folks who hold
> > onto grudges the longest, and keep demanding
> > apologies from others for "offenses" supposedly
> > committed weeks, months, or years ago? What's up
> > with that, too?
>
> Now, I don't know, but I myself never asked or demanded an
> apology by anyone online.

Oh, but you missed the point. Barry was referring to your
pal Share, who constantly babbles about "forgiveness."
Nobody else here does that.

> So I don't really understand it. It's the same with that
> epithet 'Liar'.  I just don't get it. I have written years
> ago, many years ago, that I think that it's something
> American to call each other Liar. I think its less of a sin
> to lie in Europe.

Great, that's all we need, for lying to be considered less
of a "sin."

> I wrote it off to reflect something of American puritanism.

Honesty = puritanism? That's a new one on me. But I can
see why it would appeal to people like Barry and khazana
(and Curtis and Vaj) to characterize honesty as puritanical.