 From: khazana108 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:23 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Q.E.D.

<snip>

> Although, you have to admit that it's amusing from
> a psychology/sociology point of view. I'm amused by
> the phenomenon I call "throwing oneself on the turd."
> It's similar to that staple of war movies in which
> the hero (soon to be ex-hero) throws himself on the
> grenade to save his buddies, but in the FFL version
> it's what happens when one of the clique either
> suffers from poor impulse control or consciously
> decides to sacrifice themselves to get in one last
> barb at the Common Enemy, even though they know that
> it'll cause them to "post out" and sit on the Stupid
> People's Bench for a week.

Ha ha, you mean solitary suicidal post-outs? That's what I like about you, you
immediately get the references I am making, and still top it.

Actually, thinking about the post-out, I realize that it's really a blessing.
Doesn't it add an additional dimension to the FFL soap opera? I really like it.
IMO the bar could be lowered to about 30 to 35 posts per week.

Generally speaking, I am not in favor of too many words. Maybe because  I am a
foreigner, and a slow typer at that. But I also like the principle (from
movies): Don't say, show it. I like it generally in life. Where I was, in
India, that's a way of communicating. Just looking, giving a small nod or
hand-sign, and doing. When you go to the tea shop, the tea man/woman knows what
you want, it just gives it to you. No big fuss about things that are evident.

The same can apply here. Just use few words, as you say, throw a bone, and
watch the dog gripping it. Don't convince by words, demonstrate. Start the
dance, and then stop in the middle of it. This is a technique Gurdjieff
employed. Give the attention, and then withdraw it. Talking about detachment.

Btw. in one of the guest houses in India, at the end of my trip I saw Ramas
book (surfing the Himalayas) and started to read a bit. I only finished about
chapter 4, but I noticed, that there were many topics in the book, you are
talking about. For example there is a chapter about hierarchical vs relational
amongst other things. It seems to be one of those books, that creatively
describe spiritual principles in a fictional story line. Anyway, interesting
read.

> The fascinating thing about this phenomenon from a
> psychological or sociological point of view is that
> the last steaming turd is often thrown at someone
> who isn't even reading the thrower's posts. So the
> "turd offering" is not even "aimed" at the person
> it's supposedly thrown at. Instead it's thrown to
> curry favor with other women (even if they're not
> technically women, just acting like them) in their
> clique. What's up with that? Do they *collect*
> turds or something?  :-)
>
> Speaking of interesting psychological/sociological
> phenomena, have you ever noticed that folks who
> talk the most about "forgiveness" and its healing
> power are coincidentally the same folks who hold
> onto grudges the longest, and keep demanding
> apologies from others for "offenses" supposedly
> committed weeks, months, or years ago? What's up
> with that, too?

Now, I don't know, but I myself never asked or demanded an apology by anyone
online. So I don't really understand it. It's the same with that epithet
'Liar'.  I just don't get it. I have written years ago, many years ago, that I
think that it's something American to call each other Liar. I think its less of
a sin to lie in Europe.  I wrote it off to reflect something of American
puritanism. I don't say, that people should lie or anything, it just strikes me
as an attribute  Americans use more likely to denounce others than Europeans
for example. Just sayin..