--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
<snip>
> And then I'll be in the middle of doing some when some
> application or Windows itself pops up a message saying that
> an update is available taking way the focus in the window
> where I may be typing.  I could wring those developers necks
> for that.

Huh, that doesn't happen on my Win7 machine.

> On Linux a little icon up
> in the top back will notify you if there are updates and
> not get in the way at all.

My machine puts an icon on the taskbar when new updates
are available. I have to remember to look for it.

I wonder if there's a setting you could change so the OS
doesn't interrupt you?

I am *very* fond of Win7. It's the only version of Windows
I've ever felt affection for. There are things I'd change
if I could, but there's very little that gets seriously
in my way, and much that makes my computing life easier
and more pleasant.