cardemaister:
> I'm afraid Windoze 8 shall be almost catastrophically
> unusable?
>
> End of Microsoft, and Nokia by the same token?

Well, the name 'Symbian' to my way of thinking sounds a
lot more technical than 'apple'; I don't care if Nokia
makes boots and galoshes. At least they didn't steal the
name from the Beatles!

Windows 8's touchscreen paradigm makes a lot of sense
- how many people use a mouse to operate their cell
phone?

"Already the vast majority of the laptops, tablets, and
tablet-laptop hybrids that are launching with Windows 8
come equipped with a touch screen, and that should be
taken as a harbinger of things to come. ."

Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade: $40.00
http://tinyurl.com/9m4zhvg