Dear Buck,

I began posting on FFL in order to learn something more about the world and
about myself. So one of my motives in writing is to figure things out. I would
like you to make me less stupid about something than I am right now: I think I
can understand theoretically what you are doing here with regard to wanting to
censor certain posters--make the universe a nicer, happier, purer place. What I
am completely confounded by, however, Buck, is *your method of accomplishing,
or trying to accomplish, this*. It seems you are trying to create a reaction
which is antithetical to your purpose, because I can't believe your way of
going about trying to influence the readers (or moderators) on FFL is designed
to do anything but confirm each person in the conviction that the very last
thing they would ever agree to would be to have you edit FFL.

Do you understand my question, Buck? Your psychology in this matter defies my
comprehension. If I were truly offended and outraged by the scatological or
irreverent or vicious material that was being posted on FFL [supposing there is
material which in some minds at least conforms to this description]--and I
*really* wanted to do something about this, my chosen strategy would would be
to eliminate the possibility of appearing as if someone who was actually
determined to make every reader believe *much more in the cause of freedom of
speech than they ever would have had you not started your moral campaign here
against what you consider non-spiritually uplifting posts*.

Same with your determinism to change the rule for Dome pass privileges. I am
entirely sincere here, Buck: how can your perception of this phenomenon of
inappropriate and spiritually toxic posts be a true perception if it issues in
a response which is calculated to elicit the very opposite response from the
one that presumably would be what you would desire.

You have entirely confused me in this, Buck. You would mock yourself in the
extremity of your anti-ironic seriousness. You want people to ridicule you, to
see you as a hectoring and feckless prig--This surely must be your secret
intention. I mean I do not support any form of censorship on FFL--but if I were
asked to debate (just for the fun of it) the motion: FFL Should be Subject to
Censorship Based on What Is Considered Spiritually Positive Posts--and I had to
argue for the motion--my approach would be so far from the one you have adopted
here. You're like a guy who is throwing a fight--you want the purportedly
salacious and desecrating posts to continue unabated right?

Remember, Buck, I am addressing this question *only because I cannot compute
what you are doing*. It seems you are deliberately and systematically
determined to undermine your avowed purpose in the most efficient way that I
could conceive of.

It almost seems willfully destructive and a self-parody.

Am I misunderstanding you, Buck?