Yes there is more than one way of giving shaktipat.  My teacher knows a
"remote" technique too but hasn't taught me it.   If you can find the
movie "Holy Smoke" by Jane Campion (it's up on YouTube in parts  and
available streaming on Amazon) the opening has a scene with Kate Winslet
getting shaktipat.  Campion seems to have some knowledge of TM because
she has a group checking session in the movie "Sweetie" which is
available on Hulu, VUDU and iTunes.