<snip>
> Actually just heard again from my friend in the FQ. Here's what I
> have:
>
> People are going around offering water & food they loot to other
> survivors with mantras of "may you never thirst" & "fear is the
> mind killer".
>
> They've looted a little water & food.

"Looted" water and food...interesting use
of terms.

> Violence is minimal-- most people are pulling together & helping
> each other

Yes, that's what the media have been reporting.
It's quite amazing given their desperate situation.

> He's had a water & one MRE.
>
>  People recognize him (he's a popular cult figure and author) he
> reports how friendly and supportive most everyone is... trying to
> keep morale high.
>
>  Buses did turn up at the convention center yesterday but they were
> without guards/support and had to turn back.

Why, if everything was so peaceful?

> The police are preventing people from moving around once they are
> in an area, so it is effectively like a concentration camp.

Ah.  Maybe that's why they didn't all just take
a little stroll and help themselves to food and
water.  You think?

> Apparently military convoys are just arriving with food and water.

That's what I've been reading.  Some of the news
stories are saying trucks with food and water have
actually reached the Convention Center, but I haven't
seen any film of it yet, so that may just be wishful
thinking on the basis that they *intend* to go to
the Convention Center.

It looks like things are *finally* starting to look
up for the Convention Center folks.  But it took too
f*cking long.