Now that someone has brought up Hagelin and "yogic flying" and how
ridiculous both are, I can finally pass along this cartoon I found the
other day. Despite its author's obvious problems with spelling, it
struck me as nailing the whole silly mess. Hagelin and people like him
really think they are flying...

[https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525683_401268413\
277516_1536616902_n.jpg]

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" fintlewoodlewix@
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "card" <cardemaister@> wrote:
> > >
> > > This was a fact. The crime rate did drop by 18%. However,
> > > the rate that dropped by 18% was not the number of crimes
> > > actually committed – in fact, during the experiment,
> > > Washington's weekly murder count hit the highest level
> > > ever recorded. The 18% drop was from Hagelin's computer
> > > prediction of what would have happened had his meditators
> > > not been meditating and levitating.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/oct/08/meditation-crime-prevent\
ion-research

> > "In the election of 2000, he lost to George W Bush by only
> > 50,372,288 votes " Chortle.
>
> I liked, "Hagelin is, by his own admission, a remarkable man."
>
> The author, Mark Abrahams, is one of the funniest and most
> refreshing voices in science, and organizer of the yearly
> Ig Noble Awards (of which Hagelin is recipient). To see
> other articles he's written for The Guardian, click on
> his name at the top of the article or go here:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/marcabrahams
>
> I particularly liked his riff on the ludicrousness of
> what the "scientific method" has degenerated into in
> the article "Medics submit Playboy magazine to peer
> review."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/oct/29/research-child-pornograp\
hy-tanner-scales