--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "card" <cardemaister@...> wrote:

> This was a fact. The crime rate did drop by 18%. However, the rate that
> dropped by 18% was not the number of crimes actually committed – in fact,
> during the experiment, Washington's weekly murder count hit the highest level
> ever recorded. The 18% drop was from Hagelin's computer prediction of what
> would have happened had his meditators not been meditating and levitating.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/oct/08/meditation-crime-prevention-research

I just realised I know everyone in the photograph, I might
even have been in the room as I was involved in setting up
press conferences. The "press" consisted of a handful of
photographers who would turn up just to get some crazy stock
shots for the file. There might be one journalist with a
question but that was never satisfactorily answered and even
they'd stopped coming at the end. We had a good time though
and we certainly stirred up politics, though the Monster
Raving Loony Party were annoyed we got so much attention.
And the Greens were reportedly happy that they weren't the
offical "mad but serious party" any more!

Check out the comments below the article, every one is from a
TMer and most have joined comment is free simply to add their
bit to the article, obviously word went round that some negativity
was afoot and had to be countered, probably why comments are
now closed on the piece, shame as the Gruaniad usually lets them
run until everyone has had their say, as there is no bad language
or defamatory remarks it's probably a moderator realising the
comments were being manipulated. They are heavy on the moderation
there, Buck would be in paradise.

I was just about to add my bit too....