--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Time,

> > > INCLUDING little old ladies...who, by the way, seem to be the
> > > drivers of the school buses I usually see on the streets.
> > >
> > > In the days leading up to the hurricane when everyone was told
> > > evaculate, there is simply NO REASON why there wasn't a plan in
> > > place to "deputize" citizens on every block to be the
designated
> > > school bus drivers for all those buses in the photo sitting
> there
> > > doing nothing.
> >
> > And how would you enforce this "deputization" if
> > those so designated decided they weren't going to
> > take the risk, or they couldn't be found, when push
> > came to shove?
>
> In a perfect world, Judy, you aren't going to find ALL of those who
> you plan to have as drivers.

Shemp, it's just not practical.

As I pointed out to MDixon, it's *vanishingly*
unlikely that any of us here could come up with
a better solution than the city had already.
They know what their resources are and what
would be involved in implementing this or that
solution.

> > > And how in hell the responsibility for such a plan could be on
> > > the Feds and NOT on the local administration I do not know.
> >
> > It's written into the administration's own plan for
> > dealing with disasters, as I outlined in a recent
> > post.
>
> Was the "plan" a guidebook for the appropriate level of government
> to work from or was it a plan JUST for federal authorities to work
> from?

Check it out yourself.

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/NRPbaseplan.pdf

It's an overall plan designating the various levels
of responsibility from the feds on down.