--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@> wrote:
> >
> > Buckyball
> >
> > "A perennial philosophy of all major cultural traditions that there
> > exists a transcendental field at the most fundamental level of natural
> > law ..."
> >
> > If this is true then it is not "transcendental" but rather a supporting
> > ground.
> > In other words, it is prakriti/pradhâna/avyakta (an unmanifest).
> > It is nature, but not transcendent.
> >

> Bill, Yep I know what you mean, that's my experience too.  As I was editing
> that piece I chose to stick with the western language and stay away from the
> Vedic so as not to confuse the ignorant lurker here.    Going with the
> 'Transcendental' field was good enough for the release posted here.  Best
> Regards, -Buck

I went to a lecture at the U. of Ia. in Iowa City the other nite given by a
visiting classicist professor and went out to dinner with him after.  In
discussing Fairfield he broke from what we were saying at a point and declared
he could not understand what Utopia could possibly be.  That he lives in the
past and present but could not understand what I was saying about a future
Utopia this way.  It was not the time to say anything more but we are
e-mailing.  It is a challenging thing to communicate.
-Buck