Thanks for sharing your perspective, I really enjoyed reading that.

For me I am way too ignorant of the limits of our mind's internal generative
capability to even start needing an external agency for experiences like
channeling.  I'm pretty sure that is well within the wheelhouse of our mind's
abilities.

The ability to open up the brain's endorphin dumping capacity is not exactly
chopped liver, even without it being a glimpse of another world of beings.  I
think we need more study of what it means.

One weird thing is how over the experience of hyper bliss states I am now.
They were such a big part of my life at one time and now I have zero interest
in them no matter how enjoyable they once were.  They seem too content free or
something.  I believe that if they were actually the goal of human life (and
putting to the side the whole bliss is not blissful song and dance for now) I
would not have grown out of an interest in them.

All fascinating stuff to think about especially with the experiences we have
all had of altered states.  I'm really glad I spent the time I did to at least
realize that the mystics are just bullshitting about their experiences.  But
that doesn't mean they are interpreting them properly, and given the
pre-disposition toward grandiosity in most traditional systems, I find that
unlikely.