> I think it would be instructive for everyone to watch Rick's latest Buddha at
> the Gas Pump - where Mark Landau talks about his fantastic experiences of
> awareness and at the same time he was still fearful, anxious etc.

Oh, interesting. If there is one thing I would like to rid myself of it is
fear. I was sort of hoping that if one is close to enlightenment/increased
awareness the fear could disappear. But then, 'increased awareness' could mean
being aware of a lot of things. And some of those things could be positively
frightful. Plus, the deeper you experience something the more intense it gets
and that certainly could create anxiety. However, I think there is a difference
between anxiety and fear. Anxiety can be the precursor to fear. Fear is like
the flower and fear the bud that precedes it. Also, anxiety, although tinged
with fear is a less realized version. It can often turn into full blown terror
(fear) but often it just sort of vibrates and suggests it could blossom into
the full blown version. Either way, I am not a big fan.

 it does bring one to doubt the long term efficacy of TM and perhaps any sort
of meditation - its interesting to me to note that Eckhart Tolle has
consistently said that no one gets enlightened by meditating.