> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor"

> Well, riddle me this, Batman:
> Why is it that Brits use the "stone" system to discuss their
> weight?  And why is it that we don't understand "stones" and you
> guys don't really understand "pounds"?

Our Formula 1 motor racing has people charging around
corners at 120 mph and doing 220mph on the straight.
The winner will get 10 points. The US game show "Wheel
of Fortune" has people winning 2,000 points if they are
lucky or maybe only 100 points if less so.
You guys like large numbers. (I'm surprised your cars
don't measure speed in feet per hour). We are happy
with a range of body weights from 8 stone to 15. Some
are more; some are less. Americans aren't happy unless
they have hundreds of things or, better still, thousands
of things.
Uns.