> on 9/6/05 10:13 PM, akasha_108 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:.
> >
> > I agree. References to "Big Easy" life was perhaps a "low cost"
shot.
> > Not quite a cheap shot. But not not quite fitting to the
> > circumstances. But my main point was that many are not wanting to
go
> > to Utah, and prefering the shelters to that (as bad as the shleters
> > are.) And hence I questioned the attractiveness of FF for them. (I
> > would pick Utah over FF :) )
>
> I saw some on the news tonight who are still living on a bridge near
their
> neighborhood and refusing to be moved to a military hospital ship
which
> would be very comfortable. There are others in the Astrodome who
refuse to
> move to a cruise ship in which they'd have their own cabin, private
> bathroom, great food, etc. Heck, I felt like going down for that.

I understand that the folks in the Astrodome who didn't
want to move to the cruise ship were elderly folk who
had managed by dint of great effort to get the data for
their new location into the system, so they could get
their Social Security checks and so on.  They were
afraid if they were moved again, it would be impossible
to get it straightened out.

FWIW...