--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:
>>> This week I've been taking some workshops with Paul Wong artofneutrality.
>>> Very wonderful stuff (-:
>>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann"  wrote:
>> Ah, more healing. Gosh, you seem to have an infinite capacity to attend
>> these workshops, it seems to me one of them alone isn't enough. You just
>> can't get good healers these days...
>
> Yeah, as feste said, I think we have to give this some more consideration,
> WB. Perhaps Share after fairly recently joining FFL, is simply trying to
> figure out the difference between Wright and Wong...

Finding healers often seems to me to be an infatuation of those touched by the
TMO (and other spiritual or new age movements). It always seems as if the basic
tenets and technology of a movement never quite live up to the hype. And while
physical healing is a matter of observation, most of the healing sought seems
to be for psychosomatic reasons, and that means the operation of the placebo
effect, which is a definite effect, but not an effect that lasts for long
periods of time, so continual fixes are needed. Once the placebo effect wears
off, the instigating belief and technology or pseudo-technology doesn't work
any more, and so one has to then find another belief and its associated
rigmarole to refuel the effect.

Now the placebo effect does exist and has definite benefits, but it would seem
a better tack to find something more substantial as far as the desired effects,
something that does not depend entirely on the mental state of the person as
regards anticipation of desired effects.

Now some medications have this effect. Improving health and physical stamina
through exercise can have this effect. Training oneself into different patterns
of thinking can sometimes have this effect. Long term effects of meditation can
have this effect (if you do not wing off into the loony bin first). A long term
solution that does not depend on fickle belief is really necessary to avoid
getting sucked into 'the healer of the week' mentality.

There are guru junkies, healer junkies, food junkies; this is for lightweight
anxiety-phoebes those who are not serious junkies, you know, heroin and alcohol
etc., where you try to drown out the experiences you are having by really
giving them a whack. The whole thrust of spiritual growth is to rid oneself of
this state of always being in some kind of persistent low-grade emergency, and
yet it seems to persist indefinitely in most seekers.

Something must be wrong in the approach, understanding, or technology.