--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung wrote:
> snip
> > And what next? I continue reading Advaita. I continue looking at
> science and seeing ever deeper metaphors for spiritual concepts. I do
> relate to this.
>
> And I divert my brain from vicious cycles with the few entertainments
> I've discovered that have that power: trikking, writing, etc. can keep
> my brain busy enough to bat away all the shame -- at least for a
while.
> I remember you saying that Trikking saved your life.  I live in a good
> neighborhood for Trikking.  Curvelinear streets it's called. (an
> historic neighborhood) with a 1.2 mile route around.   I need to get
on
> an exercise routine.  And really, the neighbors would love to see a
new
> contraction.   A Trikke will do something good for anyone who
practices the couple hours it takes to get jiggy.  After that, it's like
dancing in public every single time.

> > I do have a theory about reincarnation that gives the ego some
relief
> that "it might have more lifetimes to get saintly," but truth be told,
> never being a person again and having no individuality in the ocean of
> being sounds like the winning lottery ticket to me.

you said:  Maybe that is how it
> ultimately ends up.  But even those who are said to have acheived
> enlightenment appear to be put to work on other chores helping
mankind,
> from what I understand.    Yeah, there's all that Yogananda stuff
about becoming a guru of a whole planet, etc.  I guess if there is
reincarnation, then, yeah, sure, why not move to greater responsibility.
But, if anything, I certainly learned that being a spiritual teacher is
completely NOT about the words of the teacher.  In that regard, I find
it hard to think I would have the "vibe power" to garner much of a
status-at-birth.  A yogi is said to pick up where last the spiritual
practice had gained, and if so, then I would expect my next birth to be
in about the same circumstance and find me working on the same kind of
attachments -- not helping others by the virtue of my "embodied
silence."

The plight of "Edg" and how he ends up in the
> future is not "something with great appeal" -- not especially a hot
> ticket at the local IMAX.
> >
> > And too, I'm trying to embrace the mysterium. Trying to calm the ego
> down and enjoy, bronco style, the ride on the wild ape through the
> time-jungle. Trying to be jiggy with all the smallness of me. Relaxing
> into laughter about how itty-bitty petty I am and yet how vast is the
> underpinning of everything that everyone ends up being. I'm not a
saint,
> nor are most folks, but yet we do the things that seemingly divine
> puppet strings have us do. Each jerked limb also being a butterfly
wing
> flapping its presence, causing hurricanes divinely ordained that we'll
> never know.
> I think we can relate to that.  For me it is letting go of
expectations,
> and dealing with what is at hand.  Funny little story.  After nineteen
> years, my son finally said he might want to read one of my books.  So
> yesterday I gave him "Initiation" by Elizibeth Haich, before he goes
> back to school tomorrow.  But I have no expectation that he will read
> it.  I hope he does, but I've let go of any expectation. Or at least I
> think I have.   I read that book while on teacher training -- off the
program, yep, right from the start.  Also got yelled at for being found
with a copy of Be Here Now.

> Thanks for  your reply. One thing you don't see much of here, are
> noticeable changes in people.  I don't think we can say that this is
the
> case with you.  And of course, I mean that as a compliment.  Thanks,
I'll accept that as valid, because I have changed in how I huff and puff
here.  Other than that, not so much.  But, hey, I gave up coffee a
couple weeks ago and now my ears don't ring like Quasimodo is tripping
on shrooms.  So there's that!  Hee hee.    Edg