--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> I have found over the years from talking to people who are really into
TM, especially those I knew and still know in Fairfield, most of the
really good feelings/memories of their time in TM (that they associate
with TM) are actually good feelings /memories of their friends and
shared experiences not necessarily connected to TM.

> ________________________________

or cult thing at all, but just the sense of belonging and being known
over a long period of time and sharing cultural values with a group,
again over a long time.  Just psychologically, I think humans are
programmed to live like this.   You know, sitting around the village
campfire in the evening, telling stories, knowing the same people over a
lifetime (have you read Laurens Vander Post's A Story Like the Wind?).
It has its down side, for sure - especially for members who are
different, want to see more, just don't fit in.  But for average folk, I
do think this community is good for one's well-being.

> I might be speaking from my own needs here, since my father was
transferred by his corporation several times as I was growing up.  I
adjusted every time but the last one (high school).  The place I loved
the most was the summer place we vacationed each summer since I had
friends and families there over many years as I grew up.  NOw I hate
moving around. As I recall, you moved a lot too. Wasn't your father in
the Air Force?  And yet you seen to thrive in moving.

> So the whole TM TTC and going to ATR courses met a need in me, gave me
a community.  I think the belief system was secondary, but who knows.
My point was that this same feeling and need is normal and that in these
modern times, it is not easy or automatic to get. Some real effort and
time need to be invested.  For me, the TM community was a good thing on
many levels.  You could tease apart the aspects that were not healthy,
but I think some recent research is showing that people involved in a
church are healthier.  Could it be the belief itself, or the belonging
to a community that is the key?

Edg -

an "enlightened" man and an oh so special Movement that is "saving the
world" - even with
successful con artist in the 20th Century and the fact that the Movement
has never delivered on a single one of its promises they still cling to
the idea that its all true - this is because if they admit M was not
enlightened and that TM and alllllll the TM money
Movement and the Srivastavas boys, they would then have to look inside
and begin to figure out who they themselves are, rather than making
their personal identity a little

posts that ought to go in the 'Indx'.  Thanks for the context. -Buck

This
MAHARISHI to

And she

Costs