--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:
> >
> > I would love to know why those Kaplan boys never did
> > it - they were pretty steamed at Marsh-he. I think
> > I'll ask my friend George - he used to know Earl
> > pretty good I think.
>
> I sure as hell would have done, but I think Turq is right
> about why people don't like to rock the boat. For most
> people the threat of being banned from courses is enough
> to get them back in line. The thought of losing that "fast-
> lane to enlightenment" appears to be worth more than anything
> to most people in the TMO. Including their pride and sense
> of right and wrong.

I think that it's as much about the sense of "cult
community" as anything else. Few at this point would
be worried about being "banned from courses," mainly
because we all know there won't BE any new courses
worth attending. But they're unwilling to give up
the friends they've developed along the way in TM
communities. Most know that these people would not
only turn their backs on them if they "went against"
the TMO (and in their minds "went against" Maharishi,
who is...uh...dead and gone), these former friends
would join in the demonization of them and the cate-
gorization of them as "enemies of the movement."

In other words, the cult indoctrination worked.