Per Jerry Jarvis (his opinion not shared by many Buddhists) although he used
the word "Unity": After Unity and dropping the physical body, the purpose of
evolution has been fulfilled and there's no further relative existence for
subtle bodies since there's no "need".
This differs from many Buddhist Schools: After E., evolution may continue
indefinitely, especially for the purpose of assisting others. The medium for
this exchange would be any number of transformation bodies, and the impulse or
momentum for ongoing Enlightenment objectives on behalf of all sentient beings
would be the will power and energy of the Enlightened Buddha transferred to the
subtle bodies.
The implication - the tree that one hugs (if any) could be the transformation
Body of an Enlightened Buddha.
In any event, these options clearly differ from Jerry's (and insofar as J. was
a mouthpiece for MMY, the latter also).
In other words, Jerry is saying that entities may spend eons attempting to get
Enlightened, and once the objective has been attained, there's no more
existence.
Obviously, this scenario differs from Christianity.
The Goodfellas: http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/8/71192.jpg