> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Caught my eye too.  I suspect it's one of his
> > > quasi-gnomic statements that's open to multiple
> > > interpretations.  The way I read it, he's saying
> > > there's an explanation that makes sense (the "logic"),
> > > but at the same time, in characterizing it as
> > > "hiding," he's also suggesting that it's an excuse.
> > >
> > > As in: Some of you are mature enough to take
> > > responsibility for the failure without being crushed,
> > > and you don't need the excuse; those of you who
> > > who aren't that mature, here's something you can hide
> > > behind.

> > > He's being more explicit about the failure than
> > > I've seen before, actually, but for whatever
> > > reason he's not lambasting the teachers for it.
>
> >>TurquoiseB > >>  Benevolent of him, since the failure is his. >>>
>
> Correct.

Barry didn't have the guts to respond when I asked
him this; maybe you will, off_world.

MMY is being explicit about the failure.  You and
Barry are blaming him for it.

But which of these two are you blaming him for?

1.  He thought it could be done, but he was wrong.

2.  It *could* have been done, but he failed to do it.