--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > MMY said that the human brain is the microcosm of the entire universe.  Can
> > this be proved?
>
> Can it be proved that he was talking bollocks? Easy, as the old
> song goes: Give a monkey a brain and it'll swear it's the centre
> of the universe....

Which obviously doesn't constitute proof, for that we need a
simple comparison of scale, purpose, build quality and possible
functions.

The universe is a cold, dark, expanding ball of mostly nothing
except for a few trillion galaxies made up of several billion
balls of fusing hydrogen nuclei orbiting a central black hole where everything
in existence will one day end up. Around one of these doomed stars is a rocky
planet where 5 billion years of evolving bacteria has produced some strange
upright apes with a few pounds
of cunningly wired lumps of mostly water and fat in their heads
that come up with some really odd ideas.

Undeniable though is the fact that the human brain is by far, the
most complex thing known (at the moment). Physics can be said to
be the complex study of simple things whereas biology is the simple
study of complex things. The two ideas meet at the level of brains
which are difficult to understand and complicated to build. The
whole subject is made harder by the fact that brains cannot intuitively
understand themselves, in fact they can hold completely
nonsensical ideas about what they are and where they came from as
MMY and his "vedic" cosmology demonstrate. We have ideas that what
goes on in our heads has a parallel at the large scale structure
of the universe but it doesn't really.

The best (or at least most important to us) of these neurological
misconceptions is the last in the list: The mind and the brain are
the same thing described in different ways and they make us who we are. Trying
to suggest one causes the other is like saying wetness causes water.