--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@...>
wrote:

> I wouldn't go as far as saying that creation doesn't
> require the 'existence' of God, but more so it doesn't
> require an intricate belief system full of moral
> guidelines based on our perception of what God could,
> should, or would be. Creation exists regardless of what
> belief system we have or don't have. It is automatic,
> no beliefs required for it to exist.

I would agree that the major drawback of believing in
a God is the baggage that accompanies it, in terms of
human-invented "moral" guidelines. But technically,
the only reason a God even *could* be considered nec-
essary in creation is if one assumes that there was
a Creation, meaning that at one point it did not exist
and then was "created." I don't believe that to be the
case, and feel instead that there has never been a time
when creation didn't exist. It is eternal, ever-renewing
and everpresent. Sure, whole galaxies or universes may
contract, disappear, and reappear from time to time,
but that's nothing more than the breathing of a larger
cosmos -- breathe out, and you've got a universe; breathe
in, and it goes poof! At every moment all aspects of
creation -- abstract or manifest -- were still present.

I liked this guy's rap because it wasn't all "in your
face" like some of the hard-line atheists out there.
I liked that his "conversion" away from the AA-demanded
"belief in a higher power" was instigated by conversations
with a Buddhist who didn't have any need for a God, either,
while still being arguably spiritual. And I like that he
managed to find his way in an organization (AA) that is
pretty damned fundamentalist in its way. As it says on
the FFL home page, he managed to take what he needed and
leave the rest. Good for him.