"But is it really real, or is it merely a mere change of perception? Unity is
said to be such that, unlike other states of consciousness, one CAN affect
external reality because external and internal really ARE the same."

It is quite a spectrum of experience to close the gap between external and
internal reality. The first experience we have meditating is to get at
ourselves, beginning to see some expansion and light, in there. The identity
begins to adjust to this. Then with more TM, the process continues externally.

Maharishi was on the right track setting such a high bar of integration,
between internal and external reality, that the common laws of nature could be
visibly reversed.

Using that same principle of visible integration, between internal and external
reality, the clues to our success are right in front of us. How difficult or
easy is it to satisfy our internal desires, externally? Are our thoughts
powerful, or are we stuck in a cycle of hoping and wishing? What else has
become visible? All of these recognitions can be used as markers along the way
to full Unity.

As full Unity approaches, Brahman, the markers begin to blend together some,
into, yes, a more unified life, and at the same time, as creative as ever.