(snip)
> Steve, with all the "TM cheerleading" going down,
> I just thought it would be useful for someone to
> interject a little reality about the person so many
> are trying to portray as so saintly and enlightened.

As long as we're injecting a little reality here, I
don't believe there's been much if any attempt in
recent days to portray Maharishi as saintly and
enlightened. Just about all the commentary on his
state of consciousness and the quality of his behavior
has come from the TM critics, and of course it's been
negative, not positive.

> People KNOW how he spent his last days (as I describe
> above), but they tend to put it out of signt and out
> of mind so that they can pedestalize Maharishi with
> an unrealistically positive set of memories about him.

Nobody's been doing that either. All but a couple of
the TM supporters here, as it happens, are pretty
objective about Maharishi.

IOW, Barry has been hallucinating again. That's what
he does when he has nothing substantive to contribute
to the discussion.

> I'm just trying to remind people that for every blissy,
> positive recollection they may have about MMY or the
> glory days of the TMO, there are other recollections
> that present different sides of the equation. I think
> that all sides should be considered and borne in mind,
> not just the ones the TBs *want* to remember.

Tell ya what, Barry, the next time someone comes up
with some blissy, positive recollection about Maharishi
or the glory days of the TMO, that would be the time to
issue your reminders. Nobody really needs to be reminded,
as it happens, but if it makes you feel better, by all
means indulge. You should realize, however, that these
"other recollections" don't somehow cancel out the good
ones. Most of us are well aware that Maharishi in his
later days didn't live up to what he was like in the
"glory days of the TMO."