--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck"  wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:

> > > O Docteur, what a little provocateur you are. And what an image you have
> > > created here. Don't be too harsh on the guy, he is outnumbered, outgunned
> > > and I am starting to feel compassion. I have a ways to go in the
> > > evolution department, I admit it. Enlightenment is still a concept for me
> > > and I am still not sure it exists as imagined by the general population.
> > > Enlightenment is out there (in there) I just don't think it can be
> > > quantified or qualified, defined or put in a neat little package. It's
> > > all about degrees.
> > >

> > Degrees?
> > Yes, and Dumbass here has a PhD in It[!!].
> > Me, just a trooper.
> > Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water, feed horses.
> > After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water, feed horses.
> > I ain't got no thing to say about It.
> > -Buck
> >

> Yep, life and death on the farm I spent the whole day today cremating an old
> war horse.  12 railroad ties to reduce a viking to ashes.  Life is short.  It
> is a good lesson.  Make use of your time.
> -Buck

Now that is a messy way to do that. Incinerating 1200 pounds of muscle, gristle
and bone to ashes with railroad ties?! Why did you not bury it? If it was put
down with tranquilizer then you did the right thing but if you shot it maybe
you should have buried it. I let the good old ones come to my place to be put
down and buried. I have a mare I bred and she is 29 this year. I imagine she
will be buried in my orchard in the not too distant future. She will have an
elevated and sunny spot under a fruit tree and I will weep for her - copiously.
Presumably you wept for yours. They deserve it, you know.