I saw this too - loved it! Made me think about how hard it is to be poor in a
city. Much easier to be poor out in the country.

Over the last two months, I've watched this park area south of the San Jose
airport, fill up with camping tents and tarps, displaced people - some with
cars and generators, but no place to live. About a hundred last time I looked.
Unfortunately it is in the emergency landing area, and just right down the
street from the county superior court and jail, so not exactly unnoticed.

Anyway, the area is going to be cleared out. Too bad they couldn't relocate to
another field. Set up a port-a-potty service and some security, and it may work.

There are something like twenty million abandoned properties in the US right
now. I wouldn't mind deferring some tax money, to homestead those to people
willing to renovate them.

That's 50, 4 me, 'til midnite gmt.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>