 From: Xenophaneros Anartaxius <anartax...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2013 12:57 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Brain: More Complex Than We Think.....

Regarding the phrase 'all the laws of nature'; while in science we have various
equations and hypotheses that we think correspond to the way nature functions,
I have never heard within the movement any meaningful discussion of what the
specific laws of nature are, in the spiritual sense, that make up 'all the laws
of nature'. What are those laws? From the view point of physics, we seem to
have certain regularities in nature we call laws, and everything seems to run
according to them. There is also a random element observed on the quantum
mechanical level. It would seem the universe runs according to all the laws of
nature that we think we know about, and it is a reasonable hypothesis that it
runs according to all possible laws. If there are other laws that we are
somehow out of accord with, what are they?

Can anybody name some of them, and describe the mechanisms by which they
function and tell us how we can observe how we are in accord or out of accord
with them? For example if someone walks into a door and bruises their nose and
experiences a lot of pain, this can reasonably be explained by the laws of
physics, and less precise subsets of physics such as chemistry, biology and
neurology to the extent we know them; the laws of physics provided the
environment for this situation and its happening.

Being in accord with the laws of nature as a spiritual phenomenon seem more
psychological: 'I feel bad; I want to feel better; what do I do to feel better?
That is, the desire to end psychological suffering. Why does that have anything
to do with coming into accord with laws? How is becoming less of a dufus,
learning to be less inept, anything more than a redistribution of the
functioning of the existing laws of nature?

Suppose, hypothetically, a mythological entity of great and surpassing power
came to you and told you that you could live in accord with the spiritual laws
of nature immediately by its fiat, except for two of those laws, and you would
have to choose two of those laws with which you would not be in accord, but it
would be up to you to choose which, and it would be up to you alone to come
into accord with those laws by whatever means you could muster. So which two
would you choose? What would they be? How would you even know what those laws
might be?