UG was good, Jiddu much better - of course both being Telugu Brahmins
remind me of some of my old Uncles in my family - at least the physical
resemblance, the mannerisms - tough, uptight, emotionally cold even -
exteriorly. So I am not a big fan of them but I like their core strengths
because I have those - the ability to completely rely on oneself, learn and
observe from existing traditions and religions but reject anything that's
not your core inner value. They never pretended to be Gurus, avatars,
Divine Mothers, Fathers, creating cults, never caring for anyone's
approval, following - any way I admire both of them, though they are from a
generation whose conservative values I don't identify with.