--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson <mjackson74@>
> wrote:
> >
> > And what do you consider whining about the effects of a relatively
> > light sentence handed down on two punks who abused an unconscious
> > girl?
>
> It has been suggested here, that a person does not have full
> brain development until they are 25. And I think the part of
> the brain that is not fully developed, IIRC is that part
> which evaluates the future consequences of our actions. I am
> just putting that out there as one thing to consider.

If that has "been said here," it runs contrary to most
literature on child-rearing. According to those authors,
children develop the empathy to feel the effects of their
actions on others and the ability to control actions that
might negatively affect others at age six. If these guys
hadn't gotten it down by their age, there is something
wrong with them. End of story.