turquoiseb:
> Following up on this, because I suspect that one or
> more of the cultists will try to pretend that they
> aren't cultists :-), the distinction I'm trying to
> make in my definition of what constitutes a cultist
> is about the "trigger" that sets them off.

Yeah, except being a 'cultist' isn't defined by a
'trigger' - a cult is defined by the amount of 'coercion'
or 'mind control' involved.

Psychiatrist Robert J. Lifton prepared a study on
'thought reform' following the Korean War (Lifton 1961).

He interviewed 25 Western political prisoners who had
been arrested and detained by the Chinese authorities
and put through up to a three-and-a-half-year period
of ideological remolding (szu-hsiang kai-tsao) which
employed techniques of torture, ill treatment and
prolonged incarceration.

Lifton also interviewed 15 former students of Chinese
'revolutionary' universities. Similarly, Edgar Schein
(1961), for his study on coercive persuasion, interviewed
15 of the more 'notable' American POWs from the Korean
War.

Neither Lifton nor Schein found scientifically useful
the sensationalistic model of robotic brainwashed
mind-controlled zombies, like you have described.

In fact, both Lifton and Schein have written that
'brainwashing' theory is not a scientific theory at all.

LoL!