> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Color me not surprised. :-)
> > >
> > > Like men need TRAINING to be assholes?
> >
> > Well, in your case, no. Obviously. It comes naturally to
> > you. But it seems that others have to work on it.
>
> You seem to be doing just fine without the training. :-)
>
> Seriously dude, are you still smarting because I called
> you on acting like a cultist? You were. You still are.
> You didn't challenge anything I said, you didn't explain
> WHY you felt the need to deliver an insult, you just
> played "Shoot the messenger." How cultist can one get?
> Just sayin'...
>
> If you disagree with something I said, try explaining
> WHY, or try dealing with the content you disagreed with,
> or do something more like a...dare I say it?...man would
> do. Just slinging insults as if you were still carrying
> a grudge over something that real men would have gotten
> over within five minutes and wouldn't remember after ten
> minutes is not really working well for you. IMO, of course.

Here is BW's secret. Whereas almost everyone else when expressing a strong
opinion about a controversial topic reveals their personal and subjective
experience of themselves when they do this--even if that person (and even the
reader) is unaware of this fact,--BW eliminates any concern--this is
mathematical--about himself (whether what he is saying he really believes, how
he experiences his relationship to what is true, how successful he envisages he
will be when others read what he has written). BW plays against all these
forces. He knows he will outrage and offend persons: he lines up on this
contingency and makes sure that as he writes his main focus is on stimulating
the frustration and disapproval in those readers who will be a victim of this
singular method of provocation.

BW, then, does not allow the reader, either consciously or unconsciously, to
derive any experience of what kind of experience BW must be having as he so
slovenly and insincerely (the latter is quite subtle and can easily be missed)
argues for his position. But note: BW cannot really have any investment in or
commitment to anything he says by way of controversy. And why is this? Because
he excludes from his experience in the act of writing any possible feedback he
might get from himself as he writes into reality and the consciousness of other
persons.

If you examine your experience of reading one of BW's intensely opinionated
posts you will realize that BW is making himself immune to your very deepest
response to what he is saying. You are put in a kind of psychological and
intellectual vacuum as you sense that BW not only will ignore your
experience--and possible response--but that he is actually acutely aware of
this very phenomenon: that he can be heedless of any responsibility to
truth--to his sense of truth, to the reader's sense of truth. This becomes the
context out of which he writes: to generate an unnoticed vulnerability in the
reader as he [BW] writes out his opinion but anaesthetizes himself in the very
execution of this act such that only you are feeling and experiencing anything
at all. For BW makes sure he is feeling nothing. A zero.

What this means is that BW deprives the reader of any subconscious sense that
BW is in any way responsible for being judged by both how sincerely interested
he is in doing justice to what he thinks the truth is, and by how much he cares
about what the reader thinks about how sincere he is. You see, BW plays against
all this, and out of this deliberate insulation from reality (reality here
being the experience of the reader reading BW's post; reality being the
experience of BW of himself as he writes his opinion of some controversial
issue; reality being what actual reality might think about what he has written)
BW creates a context which makes those readers who are not predetermined to
approve of BW (no matter what he says) the perfect victim of BW's systematic
and controlled mind game.

BW relishes the fact that he knows that he has complete control over his
subjective experience of himself as he acts (action here constituting his posts
on FFL). In this sense: His subjectivity is entirely in the service of
producing the particular effect he is seeking in those readers whom he knows
are the innocent registrars of their experience--this is, as I have stipulated,
likely to be unconscious or subconscious. For everyone else but BW has to bear
the consequences of their deeds as they enact them. Not BW. Not only does he
vaccinate himself against any feedback from others, but he vaccinates himself
against any feedback from himself. This means the FFL reader experiences a
strange kind of reality: A person who is expressing a strong opinion who, when
he does this, does not offer up any evidence of what his own experience is of
himself when he does this.

Thus deprives the reader of a constituent element in reading what someone
writes which that reader's unconscious has always assumed is there.

It is not, and this is the negative vertigo that is created in the
quasi-objective and impartial FFL reader. And it is why BW is able to remain
inside of himself as if he is the only person in the universe and he has been
posting only to himself.  As if this were the case, since he has removed
himself from the context of 1. his own self-experience 2. the experience of the
reader 3. the interactive fact of BW in relationship to reality and what
abstractly even might be the actual truth of the matter about which he is
writing.

BW's game goes unnoticed. But it is critic-proof. The more agitated or scornful
or ironic or commonsensical or reasonable someone is in attempting to challenge
what BW has written, to the extent to which this represents a real intention
inside the other person, is the extent to which that intention--and the writing
of a counter-post--will end up in empty space--No one is there.

BW has delighted himself by becoming dead to his own subjectivity. His pleasure
comes from the ineluctable consequence of this as it affects other human beings.