I think a reasonable explanation would be an analogy of when I used to play
soccer when I was a kid.  When we were in elementary school, we were always
kicking the ball as hard as we could, trying to score a goal from the other
side of the field.  Out of frustration with our lack of progress and real
teamwork, our coach pulled us together and explained how ridiculous our
strategy was.  He had to break things down step by step on how to slowly and
methodically move the ball down the field.  After that, we worked much better.

I think the TMO has been functioning with the same strategy.  They have always
sought out famous people and tried their whole Natural Law Party gig in the
90's.  Instead of working slowly and steadily towards the goal of getting more
people to meditate, the goal was to make it extremely popular at the top level
or to influence the government to fund the whole thing.  It's like they were
always trying to win the lottery instead of find a practical plan that is more
likely to work.

I guess the reason is because of the success in the 70's with the Beatles.  But
times have changed, yet the TMO hasn't.  I think they're still holding onto the
idea of winning another lottery of followers like back in the 70's.

seekliberation