> I have heard of the Shiva Puranas from a friend who loves to browse in used
> bookstores and find long lost copies of Vedic literature.  She has metioned
> the Shiva Puranas a few times.  I've been told that Shiva is my ishta devata
> and that feels right to me.
>
> When Poonjaji read the Ribhu Gita at Lucknow did he read it in English or
> Tamil?Â

In English, from the book I linked to, it just was newly published. His
audience were mainly westerners.

On a later trip I listened to Thuli Baba, who read the book in Tamil. That was
at an Ashram in Tiru. There were many people from Lucknow there now, Poonjaji
had just died, so we met up there again.

It is interesting that I later became friends with an old Swami, whose grand
grand grand father had translated the original Sanskrit into Tamil, he was the
head of the mutt I mentioned.

Ramana Ashram also published a much smaller condensed version of the Ribhu Gita
in English.

>  What did you experience?

It's a long time ago. I don't think I had any extraordinary experience from the
reading, but I definitely liked it, and bought it later on that trip. I
remember having read the Avadhut Gita before, with which I had great
experiences.

> It amazes me to think that Ramana found a book that describes his experience.
>
> In another thread you wrote:
> Sahaja Yoga or Shri Mataji is not a very good example, because the lady
> is really weird and it's really a Hindu cult, BUT, it's free, and it
> works *very well* - at least for me.
>
> I took it, it's a kundalini raising initiation, and what shall I say, it
>  really did it. I dislike the lady, but the initiation gave me a strong
> kundalini experience that lasted for two weeks.
>
> What do you mean when you say that your kundalini experience lasted for two
> weeks?

I had a clear perception of the Kundalini rising, and felt the effect of the
experience for about a week, until it slowly faded. I didn't per-sue her
technique, since meditation was more or less automatic. Also this is a long
time ago.