--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > You are really dump and stupid, aren't you? Is this the kind of level you
> > > have reached in your supposed enlightenment? Do you have to say this,
> > > because you feel so threatened that people make experiences outside TM?
> > > You don't even know what you are talking about - copy all the
> > > neo-advaitic teachings, mix them with a little TM, and don't even know
> > > where they are coming from, right? These teachings were all given free,
> > > you just use - abuse them quite obviously.
> >
> > Do you think you could ever bring yourself to agree with the people who you
> > have decided you don't like? Talk about closed-minded. Fer chrissakes,
> > don't look at who is writing a post, as an experiment in objectivity, and
> > respond based purely on the content, not on who wrote the damn thing. This
> > drives me CRAZY. You, and others, are so damn predictable. SURPRISE US.
>
> Ann, do you actually read what you are responding to? I have the feeling you
> didn't even read it, nor the post that I was responding to

Well, move past your "feeling" and use your eyes and brain and then figure it
out.

> Basically what set me off was this sentence, by Jim:
>
> "That is, when you aren't sticking your finger someplace warm and stinky.:-)"
>
> And before that, as a sort of reference point:
>
> "Perhaps you can amuse yourself by finding all the other free and useless
> forms of meditation available around the globe, and then please share them
> with us."
>
> For me the first sentence is a clear insult, the smiley not withstanding. Or
> maybe I am missing something out of the American culture, and for you such
> vulgar demeaning examples are perfectly normal?

Well, it was before my time (thankfully) but it appears the Doc was referring
to something Barry actually posted a while back about having his digit inserted
into the rectum of some woman he was standing next to in some photograph. Now
who is being vulgar and demeaning? (Maybe you don't read the posts you are
responding to.)

> Also the second sentence I cited is not so much better. I actually share
> things from my live, and he only uses it as a, sorry, dumb and stupid put
> down, so please tell me what I should like about it?

Where do I say you should "like" it. I said I don't see you objective in your
that they fall into the "enemy" group (just the way Barry does) and your
response to the content of the post reflects this. Read the post of mine again
because you got it wrong.

> His post was basically content free and thought free. But you are right in
> one way: I shouldn't even have responded to such stupidities and insults.

I didn't say that either.

>I also see that as a flaw, I lost my balance, and neither his nor your post
>are worth responding to.

You are so funny when you say that, because you ARE responding. It is exactly
like saying, "Not to mention..." and then the person goes on to mention what
they shouldn't mention.

> Quite honestly Ann, I am very busy, so, if you need somebody for your
> entertainment, basically without having to think much, or look things up, ask
> somebody else. Judy is coming back soon, so why don't you ask her to
> entertain you?

Talk about rude. Move past the type of posting style you are belittling here
and read the post you wrote to me and to Jim and then see it, if you can, for
the insult-laden, content-free blather that it is. It isn't that you can't
write about interesting things it is just that you are so reactive and rude to
those you have decided are not on "your side" that your posts just scream,"I am
acting like a child because I can't help myself".