--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.ravi@...> wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2013, at 8:11 AM, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've heard that one game of cricket can go on for hours and hours!
> >
> > Five days for a "proper" international match. Then again, the
> > golfers at the Masters will be playing for four days. But you
> > will at least have a result. Very often a five day cricket match
> > will end in a draw.
> >
> > Five or so hours with a break for tea and cakes is par for the
> > course for a friendly match between pub teams.
> >

> Hey how about T20 - do you watch IPL? There aren't many English players
> around this season - of course KP's injured, he was in Delhi the other day
> cheering his team  - I saw Eoin Morgan playing.

I've seen a bit of T20 on the TV - but not live. Very dramatic
I expect.

Have you played much Ravi? It was my main sport in my youth.
I wonder...I can imagine you as perhaps a left arm quickie.
Maybe a whippy action off quite a short run? Bowling
over the wicket you'd be slanting it across the orthodox
right-hander, perhaps creating a little doubt in their mind
as they reach to play or leave just outside the off stump in
the 'corridor of uncertainty'. And maybe trying to get the
odd one to hit the seam hard, rear alarmingly, and come back
in at them? Just the thing to dislodge a stone-walling opening
pair who are starting to look a bit too comfortable at
the crease.