Ann, I was of course joking about totally restored as I was never unrestored,
grin.  And I'm glad we're having this exchange.

It sounds like you're saying that in his psychological rape comment to Curtis
about you, Robin was being both ironic and straight forward.  Perhaps it's
easier to deal with such a communication style when one has known the person,
well, in person.  And when one is not emotionally upset and overwhelmed.

Having read it probably many years prior, my initial use of the phrase
psychological rape was spontaneous, said in a moment of upset and yet felt spot
on.  This was later validated for me by Lord Knows and the Howells who have
also attested to the long lasting harm of such encounters even though they are
not physical rapesuch as you describe below.

Yes, it's true that Robin apologized.  As did I, in the very next sentence of
my original upsetting post.  And I said I was willing to work things out.  But
he rejected both the apology and the offer.  And he continued to deliver
apologies that were obscured by both over analyzing and blaming me.  Plus he
wasn't willing to work it out offline.  Anyway, I think we both made errors in
the handling of a very emotional situation.

Yes, I agree that people attribute thoughts and feelings to others a lot here.
I think it feels invasive with Robin because of several factors:  he often does
the attributing subtly and indirectly; he does it a lot; and last but not
least, he does it with such unquestioned certainty.  Plus he often sounds like
he feels justified or even called to do it.  The only other poster who sounds
similar is Judy.

Yes, I agree that both the Sept 6 upset and the psychological rape upset have
been blown out of proportion.  But the blowers were many!

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and in such a horrible way.  It must have
been devastating for your whole family, especially your Mom.

I'm pretty sure I've accepted my own part in all this.  And that I'm sensible
enough to attend appropriately to what, as you say, others might currently be
up to.  Otherwise there might be another psychological rape!  Now of course I
can see it coming and move out of harm's way.

I very much regret a creepy cult leader comment I made to Robin.  I was very
upset by his insensitive response to something especially nasty RD had written.

In the beginning Robin appeared so invulnerable.  But I've come to realize that
he is just like the rest of us in being subject to the conditions inside his
own skull.  I really really wish he did not have to suffer for 26 years to
deconstruct his hallucinatory Unity.

There is, in the archives, I believe in January 2011, a sweet poem from
merudanda expressing the idea that Robin came to FFL for healing.  So I wasn't
the first person here to wish that for him.  And I will continue to wish it.