For fairly obvious reasons such as geography and
history, the U.S. hasn't had anywhere near as much
terrorism as most European countries. Just a guess,
but I'll bet if we had had as much of it as they
have had, we'd be just as blase about it. When it
happens here, it's a Big Deal because it's so rare,
and it's only natural that we react to it with alarm.

And if terrorism in Europe were as rare as it is here,
I would imagine Europeans would freak out at it just
as much as we do.