Very very well said!

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 3:36 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: a WONDERFUL formula

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> MMY's TM theory is his attempt to explain his understanding of meditation and
> enlightenment in modern terms. This understanding is colored by his religious
> upbringing and obviously is biased in favor of his belief-system.
>
> His description of the behavior of a fully enlightened person assumes all the
> perfectionism inherent in religious dogma, and you don't need to assume that
> everything is literally true in order to appreciate the significance of his
> attempt.
>
> Also, you (and I and many others) have made the mistake of assuming that the
> behavioral patterns associated with the work in progress we call the
> beginnings of Cosmic Consciousness is identical with the theoretical
> end-point of a jivanmukti, or "fully" stress-free individual.
>
> The fact that someone is acting spontaneously at all times simply means that
> they are sufficiently stress-free to always have some level of pure
> consciousness present. That doesn't mean that they suddenly stop being the
> person they were pre-CC. While one assumes that the worst aspects of
> someone's personality might mellow with progression in CC/GC/UC, that doesn't
> mean that they turn into a proverbial saint overnight -if ever.
>
> Besides, even the Christian saints weren't always pleasant people to be
> around, even if they never "sinned" in Christian religious terms.
>
> And of course, MMY could be totally wrong about much or all of what he
> claimed for enlightenment, regardless of how enlightened someone becomes by
> TM standards.
>
> The real world generally isn't quite how the theorist theorizes it is,
> afterall.

So we can have our cake and eat it? Or throw it against the wall.
And no one can say it's better or worse than doing the opposite?
That's quite a philosophy to rally round.

The best thing I can say about TM philosophy is that it's a mighty
fine sales pitch, but just like my vacuum cleaner that didn't cure
my asthma, TM didn't either.

To refresh our memory, the idea behind exposure to the "unified
field" is that we take on the supposed qualities of that and
exhibit improved moral behaviour (amongst other things) The more
meditation, the more moral we should become. We should look at
the behaviour of many long term TMers as falsification of the theory
not proof that it's more complicated and probably still working.
Just as we should admit that the ME doesn't work because there are
still earthquakes, not that it works because there might be a period
of *more* earthquakes.

I actually agree with you that Marshy was wrong. There is what
actually happens to meditators (not all that much if we are honest)
and there is the supporting dogma that everyone still clings to that
makes TM out to be the most amazing thing of any kind ever. There comes a time
to ditch optimism and replace it with realism, it won't sell as many yagyas but
it's gotta be fairer on the domies, they
might be able to make something of their lives if they had the
comfort blanket of saving the world taken away.

I think this is why people don't take TM science all that seriously.
We all know that they are hardcore TBs, I've been to lectures by
some of them and instead of getting a fair and balanced (and interesting)
overview of what they were doing in their research it
was all the usual crowd pleasing BS about cosmic consciousness. It's
a bit premature to be making wild claims about unified fields when we don't
know anything about them or even if it exists. No wonder the mainstream takes
MUM with a pinch of salt!