We can certainly do better than that.
The fact is that Taliban summary amputations are returning in the vacuum of
civil order
as the West withdraws.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22311036

You obviously want to let the amputations continue.
I feel we should be sending in teams of David Lynch Foundation meditation
teachers to instruct the youth of that barren area in transcendence and the
spirituality of the Unified Field as well as helping them set up the
institutions and economies and schools with education of respectful civil
order.  That area is the forge anvil of evil in the world.  If we leave it to
itself it will only come out to give us all trouble later.  It is way cheaper
to stick with it now to bring a civil life, hope and true spirituality there
than have to live with such evil what will come later of their own devices if
we don't git it now.  The time is here to get it done now.
-Buck in the Dome