--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> There's a lot of implications with the galaxies exceeding the speed of light.
>  One of them is the question of time dilation.  That means that time will be
> going backwards for those galaxies that are traveling beyond the speed of
> light.
>
> I believe this anomaly is the reason why Leonard Susskind, a physicist from
> Stanford University, theorized that the galaxies will freeze in time as they
> reach the speed of light.
>
> Needless to say, those galaxies will blink out from our point of view as they
> reach the speed of light.
>
> JR

Sigh. Galaxies aren't going to be breaking the light barrier.
To someone at the edge of our universe we are at the edge of
their universe and therefore travelling at the speed of light
but only because the universe is expanding. We appear to be
standing still and time will continue to move in the usual
fashion, same as it does everywhere. It's all relative.

But hopefully youtube will start going backwards and disappear
before it does any more damage.