--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@>

> > > If it was me I would amend that to "...perfectly successful people who
> > > believe mankind is..."
> >
> > Nope. Are all christians, muslims insane because they don't apply
> > logic to their view of the world? Some would say yes, I think that
> > in an absence of structured and tested knowledge about the world
> > all sorts of nonsense can creep in and be taken as fact.
> >
> > And in a science-savvy world, these religious sci-fi concepts are
> > to be expected. Believing that Marduk is an extraterrestrial is no
> > stranger than believing in astrology or crystal healing.
>
> I think you are taking this past where I was going initially. I was talking
> about the particular  post made by GN which cited a particularly wild
> assertion by Sasha Lessin regarding the Earth having been nuked by aliens a
> very long time ago. In case you have lost the initial guffaw-inspired
> reaction you no doubt had when first reading this little gem let me refresh
> your memory:
>
>  "3,663 years ago, Yahweh, known then as Enlil, a 9 -12 foot fully Homo
> Sapien ET from the Planet Nibiru, 49 astronomical units from Earth, ordered
> nuclear attacks on the people and cities south of the (thence) Dead Sea in
> Canaan and on a spaceport he ran in Sinai. The fallout immediately blew over
> and killed most of the Sumerian Earthlings--those loyal to Yahweh."
>
> If you would like to continue to defend statements like these as perfectly in
> line with other beliefs that run rampant among the human race, be my guest.
> But all I'm saying is that I am pretty sure that anyone who would believe
> this particular theory isn't likely to be having afternoon tea at my abode; I
> prefer not to hang out with crazies.

Sure it makes me laugh but no more than Jehovas witnesses,
scientology or spoon bending. It's all about whether you have an
evidence based view of the world or a belief based one.

But do you think it's somehow different from biblical beliefs
about God smiting the caananites and the fiery chariot in Ezekiel?
The old testament is where the new age get their inspiration. The Xtians weird
beliefs seem normal simply because they've been with
us for longer and have become a tradition. And don't get me started
on flying machines in the Vedas, I'm sure Nabby will tell you that's
all proof of extraterrestrials.

If all ideas were fresh, which would you think crazy? Afternoon
tea might be a lonely experience for you. Me, I don't care what
people believe as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, and my new age
friends who believe in all sorts of channeling and weird shit are
no different from my TM friends or my Christian ones, as long as
they don't try and convert me they'll get scones and jam on my
best china for sure.