> turq, you've said that Lenz could levitate and fill
> a room with gold light. I'm trying to reconcile that
> with what you say here about his sexual abuse of women.

He could -- and did -- do both.

Your problem is called cognitive dissonance. You have
ideas about what enlightenment is and what it is not.
Those ideas have nothing to do with enlightenment,
or the people who might be experiencing it.

> How do you understand this seeming contradiction?

I don't understand it. I don't think anyone can.
It's just what happens. A person can be experiencing
full-blown states of enlightenment and still be a
real dick. Get over the idea that enlightenment
equates to perfection.

> I remember once before when I asked a similar question,
> you said that you think, and here I have to paraphrase,
> that he was ruined by the power. Was Lenz abusing women
> even at the beginning of his teaching career?

He would never have thought of it as abuse, but I do.
But this using his charisma -- of which he had much --
to seduce his female students was there from the
beginning. It was the narcissism and the craziness
that got worse over time as he began to "believe
his own PR" as a teacher.

I do believe that he committed the Cardinal Sin of
those who become spiritual teachers -- doing it too
soon, before he was ready to handle the pressures.
I believe the same thing of Maharishi.